We’re a new London-based consumer tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology by designing intuitive and smart tech that improves our lives without getting in the way of it. Bringing back artistry, passion and trust, our technology will help people unlock new and meaningful experiences not just in consumer electronics, but in life, too.
We are looking to hire a Global Design Operations Manager to help us deliver outstanding designs to a demanding audience. This person will work closely with our Head of Design to build a multi-disciplinary, scalable and efficient Design Team. The successful candidate will be a skillful and experienced leader who can manage cross-continent collaboration across functions in a rapidly growing business environment. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible, open-minded and output driven with a strong sense of ownership. Meetings and planning are important but we are strong believers that at the end of the day, execution makes market impact.
- Work with the Head of Design to build a world class design team from scratch;
- Act as a bridge between Design, Product & Marketing Teams, making sure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for;
- Foster a healthy work culture and streamline work flows;
- Lead a team of program managers & designers working on product programs at Nothing;
- Identify team needs with regards to processes, tools, documentation & asset management.
- 5+ years of experience in managing Design Operations at scale;
- Extensive experience in building and leading a design team, fostering individual growth, and mentorship;
- Deep understanding of multi-disciplinary design process across Product, Packaging, Graphic Design & Branding;
- Willing to travel to Sweden (every quarter) and China;
- Fluency in English is a must; Mandarin Chinese capabilities is a plus;
- Good communication skills, able to get buy-in from stakeholders within the company;
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude, being comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects.