We’re a new London-based consumer tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology by designing intuitive and smart tech that improves our lives without getting in the way of it. Bringing back artistry, passion and trust, our technology will help people unlock new and meaningful experiences not just in consumer electronics, but in life, too.
We are looking for a General Manager to lead the building of Nothing’s commercial organization to expand our reach into the West & North Europe markets (DACH, Benelux, Nordics and France). We’re looking for a strong leader with commercial expertise and a deep understanding of the consumer electronics market in these regions who enjoys thinking out of the box and can drive the success of our organisation as we expand. The right candidate will be able to build, develop and scale high-performing Sales, Customer Service and Go-To-Market teams and work closely with our leadership team and GMs in other regions to refine our overall expansion strategy. This role can be based out of most regions in West and North Europe, with preference for the UK or Germany, and will require a significant amount of travel as we build the function.
- Drive strategic partnerships in the region
- Build a new commercial organization within Nothing that will drive the success of our product portfolio in West and North Europe. This will include Sales, Customer Service and Go-To-Market teams
- Grow, develop and lead a large, high-performing team that will likely be distributed across the territory
- Achieve market success by creating and executing on the ideal strategies to reach every channel in our portfolio (direct-to-consumer, operators, retailers and distributors)
- Be on the cutting edge of local and regional market perspectives that will shape the team’s long-term business strategies for succeeding in those markets
- Take P&L responsibility for the region, working closely with our Head of Marketing to optimise our approach
- Proactively manage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to align our local and global commercial strategies
- Be the internal face of our efforts in West and North Europe, keeping the broader team up-to-date on our efforts and goals, and ensuring support from other functions as needed
- Strong commercial knowledge, particularly of sales, business development and marketing
- Proven track record in a commercial leadership role, ideally within the technology industry, and at least with a very strong affinity towards technology and consumer electronics
- Previous experience managing a P&L in a matrixed organisation
- Highly evolved analytical and problem solving abilities
- A passion and aptitude for managing, coaching and developing distributed teams
- Degree in a relevant field, such as business, economics, engineering or related disciplines
- Clear verbal and written communication skills in English; further skills in German and French is a plus
- A willingness and ability to travel often
- An existing regional network and relevant connections to help you hit the ground running
We are an equal opportunity employer and will strive to promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.