Nothing is a London-based consumer technology company founded by Carl Pei and team. Nothing wants to inspire people to believe in the positive potential of technology again, and will set the pace starting in 2021. Nothing seeks to remove barriers between people and technology, to bring back artistry, passion and trust to the field of consumer technology.
We have an excellent opportunity for the position of Legal Counsel who will be managing and strategizing Nothing India’s general corporate/ commercial legal activities related to business and functions including identification of general legal sensitivities in a variety of areas advising on potential legal and business issues in the context of the company’s objectives. This role will be responsible for providing the legal support necessary to expand our footprint in “India”.
Provide professional, cost effective, practical and commercially astute legal advice
Proactively identify legal risks in a variety of circumstances and offer alternative strategies and mitigation steps balancing business desired outcomes as well as protecting the business against legal risks
Work closely with external law firms and third parties to mitigate corporate legal risk work including negotiations and engagement and
keeping Nothing India’s rights and reputation at the forefront in all financial, contractual and other relationships
Draft and review offer terms and conditions, and policies for e-commerce platforms in compliance with applicable laws. Review print, social media and other media advertisements and all marketing communications to ensure legal compliance
Advise business partners on legal and regulatory matters including intellectual property, contract interpretation, breach and remedies, contract compliance requirements and data protection laws. Research into new regulations and legal regime of new domains of business and advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies
Work as a part of a team and contribute towards projects involving setting up policies and processes for legal risk identification and mitigation. Prioritize and manage business stakeholders and workload effectively, with quick turn-around requirements
- Excellent command over English both verbal and written
- Law school degree from leading Indian university with minimum of 8 years of post qualification experience with minimum 3 years of experience in a leading law firm and 4+ years at a multinational company but exceptional candidates with other relevant experience will also be considered
- Candidate should preferably have Consumer electronics / Technology experience as an in-house counsel
- Excellent knowledge and experience of handling corporate, business and commercial transactions besides supporting day to day requirements
- Proactive, well organized, capable of leading matters and working independently and in a hands-on and operational manner
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to make sound judgements on critical legal issues, strong drafting skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Nothing is an equal opportunity workplace and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, religion, physical disability, ancestry, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, and gender identity.