We’re a new London-based consumer tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology by designing intuitive and smart tech that improves our lives without getting in the way of it. Bringing back artistry, passion and trust, our technology will help people unlock new and meaningful experiences not just in consumer electronics, but in life, too.
As part of our continuing and rapid expansion, we are now looking for a seasoned General Counsel to join our team. You will be responsible for providing legal support on a wide variety of commercial, operational, governance and regulatory issues. You will also provide strategic advice to the senior leadership team and contribute to drive forward Nothing’s business development and growth strategy.
- Develop and lead the legal team and provide accurate, timely and pragmatic legal advice and ensure the team is aligned with business strategy and objectives
- Advise on a range of commercial matters, including IP/trademarks, distribution agreements, procurement agreements, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Establish and oversee an effective corporate governance and policy framework for the group that is aligned with other functions
- Provide advice on compliance matters to ensure Nothing conducts its business in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Blend together advice and inputs from external counsel with in-house advice, to offer cost-effective and solutions-oriented outcomes for the legal team's customers
- Work together with the Finance VP and leadership team to facilitate compliance and due diligence for VC fundraising
- Drive a culture of professional excellence and agility, as well as providing visible and effective leadership of the team through a period of rapid growth
- Admitted as a solicitor with at least 10-15 years’ post-admission experience in-house with a technology focus (exposure to high tech consumer hardware is a plus)
- Experience of establishing, leading and levelling up a Legal team, ideally in a start/ scale-up
- The ability to identify relevant business and legal issues proactively, define and assess the materiality of risks, find creative solutions to maintain business momentum
- First-class communication skills and an ability to explain complex legal issues and requirements to a range of internal and external audiences (including but not limited to investors, VCs and HNWIs)
- The ability to prioritise conflicting demands and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced scale-up environment
- Last but not least, enjoy the hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business